Thursday, October 7, 2021

Lazy Days

Lazy days
I lay until amber 
Seeps through the window
Into my dream
Until slumber
Stumbles to walking
Through green.

Dirt paths
Riddled with horse shit
And cow paddies
And mushrooms
I'm not sure
I should eat.

I leave them be.

The lemon trees
Attract giant bees
Called mamangavas.
Their sting
Will send a grown man
To the hospital.

That amber light melts
Into a fine sugar
White,
Dissolved in the
Molecular air.

I walk, I breathe deeply.
I yearn for bundles 
Of money,
Uncontrollably.

The horse shit and bugs
Distract me from all that.

Beads of sweat
Burn my eyes
As I walk back
Half out of breath.

Lazy days send me
Back to sleep after walks
Like that.
Or I skip coffee 
And paint and talk to myself in other languages.

My stomach rumbles
But I'm too busy
Being lazy
Loving everything
Making moments
Into gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment