Sunday, October 31, 2021

Love Story

The yellows slip out from my head

onto things

and I think its strange

and I tell my doctor

and he gives me medicine

and I'm still not better.


I see things that they don't say

I hear things that

they don't show.

I feel my shadow, more than most,

I feel like some sort of creature

upon a host.


I want to be good

and do my best.

I don't want other people to hate me

but then again

I want to be friends,

so I stay to myself,

I talk to the Earth,

throw my coins

in her well.


I'm just a boy

whose passed through

a bunch of time

but nothings really changed, of mine.

I'm still going to take it

smell it, taste it, and wonder

what it is all about.


I'm still going to speak

to things like your thoughts

and thunder,

I'm going to dive off

where your fears won't wander


I'm going to cycle through

the whole damn thing

and tumble down

like everything

that ever was,


No, I haven't

had enough.

Give me your love,

long and slow,

you impossible, buoyant thing.

I slip when you touch me

and then time rolls back again

from that moaning ocean

to my strong emotions,

to the celestial bars in motion

spinning our love

into the timing

and fine lines between things.


My love has once punctured

the moon,

those dark marks of hers

are where many before

have shot at her.


Not all hit their mark

and supposedly they are

those who fall in the stars

but the moon

is much closer

like you

your gravitational groove

your magic

I'll sip your brew

we'll be two

in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment