Friday, September 30, 2011

Urban Monks

Doug came up with the idea for the Urban Monks years ago, back when we were both in Ithaca, New York, running for the Big Red. I think he was lingering there, walking the poets path, long ginger hair covering his face as he'd tie up his shoes. I remember. Doug dedicated himself to something he believed in and now that I am dedicated to something I believe in, I am just coming to really feel and see the light of his vision. Before, I think, I just felt it. Anyway, he sent me this today, regarding the Urban Monks: urbanmonks is meant to be an inclusive term... simply put... the urbanmonks thinktank is a loose collaboration of thinkers, artists, seekers, community folk, feelers.... any of all types of folk who devotes some energy... to the emotional healing of our culture. "The emotional healing of our culture." He might have put it like this to me before, but it wasn't until today that the description really resonated through my vision of "the way things are".

No comments:

Post a Comment